Orange and Beet Salad with Tarragon Chive Vinaigrette
You Will Need:
Tarragon, 1 Tbsp, chopped
Chives, 1 Tbsp, chopped
Red Onion, ¼ cup, thinly sliced
Red or Yellow Beets, 6 each
Oranges, 2 each
Salt, 1 tsp
Pepper, 1 tsp
Orange Juice, 2 Tbsp
Olive Oil, 2 Tbsp
Arugula, 2 cups, washed and dried
Blue Cheese, ¼ cup, crumbled
Recipe Serves: 4
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wrap the beets in foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, then remove from foil and cool. Use a paper towel to peel the skin off the beats, then cut into bite size pieces.
3. While beats are roasting, peel and segment the oranges. Place in a serving bowl with the arugula, red onion, and blue cheese crumbles.
4. In a small bowl whisk together orange juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs.
5. Add the cooled, chopped beets to the serving bowl and toss with dressing. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Recipe, Pictures, and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg