Mango Glazed Turkey
You Will Need:
- Tarragon, 4 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Rosemary, 4 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Orange Juice, 1 cup
- Mango Puree, 1 cup
- Butter, 4 Tbsp
- Turkey or Chicken Stock, 2 each, 14 oz cans
- All Purpose Flour, ¼ cup
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Turkey, 1 each, 10 lb, thawed
Recipe Serves: 10-12
1. Pat turkey dry with paper towels. Tuck wings under so that they are not protruding and are lying flat on the back of turkey. Melt butter, in a small pan then add the mango puree and orange juice along with the herbs and cook for 2 minutes. Brush turkey with mango herb glaze. Cover bird with foil and place on a large baking pan. Pour stock in the bottom of the baking pan.
2. Place turkey in a 325°F oven and cook for about 4 hours. Baste turkey with juices and brush on more glaze every ½ hour. Remove foil and bake for 2 more hours. Turkey is fully cooked when the thickest part of the thigh reaches 180°F.
3. Drain pan drippings to equal 3 cups with limited fat (if needed add broth to pan drippings to equal 3 cups of drippings). In a medium sauce pot heat the pan drippings, whisking in flour 1 Tbsp at a time until gravy forms. Serve with favorite stuffing as part of a holiday dinner.
Recipe and Pictures by Chef Elizabeth Camilo,
Revisions and Nutrient Analysis by Chef Katie Reineberg