Herbal Citrus Scones
You Will Need:
- All-Purpose Flour, 2 cups
- Baking Powder, 2 tsp.
- Salt, 1/2 tsp.
- Sugar, 2 Tbsp.
- Butter, 1/4 cup, softened
- Milk, 1/3 cup
- Lemon Balm, 2 Tbsp.
- Basil, 1 Tbsp.
- Mint, 2 tsp.
Zest of an Orange and Lemon, 1 each
Recipe Serves: 8
1. Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl and then add in the butter in small chunks till the mixture looks like coarse meal.
2. Stir in eggs, milk, herbs and zest
3. Scoop a large spoonful of the dough and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
4. Press it down slightly with the palm of your hand and repeat for remainder of dough, spacing out every two inches.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 425 degrees or until light brown in color.
Recipe developed by Chef Danny Klein.