Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup
You Will Need:
- Ginger, 2 Tbsp, peeled, minced
- Thyme, ½ Tbsp, finely chopped
- Carrots, 2 lbs, peeled, large chop
- Garlic, 2 cloves, chopped
- Olive Oil, 1 ½ Tbsp
- Onion, 1 cup, chopped
- Honey, ½ Tbsp
- Salt, ½ Tbsp
- Pepper, 1 tsp
- Chicken Stock, 3 cups
- Plain Yogurt, 1½ cups
Recipe Serves: 8
1. Preheat a large soup pot with oil over medium heat. Sauté onions until soft, 7-8 minutes then add garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper and cook 1-2 minutes more.
2. Add in chopped carrots, thyme and chicken stock and bring mixture to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium and cook 20 minutes.
3. Puree the coup in batches using a blender, then return to the stove and stir in yogurt and honey. Serve warm garnished with extra yogurt if desired.
Recipes and Pictures by Chef Katie Reineberg